I just found a new (to me!) classical music blog from a Boise, Idaho violist named Jennifer Drake. Jen’s blog is titled Adventures of an Idaho Violist, and it is full of fun posts covering a wide array of subjects. Check it out! I added it to my Music Blogs blogroll in the sidebar (scroll down past all of the bass links and photos), or you can visit it by clicking here.
Here’s a fun list from a recent post she calls her ‘Seven Habits of Highly Ineffective People‘:
1) Habit One. Procrastinate! Why bother doing it now when there are 24 perfectly decent hours to work on it tomorrow?
2) Habit Two. Practice Negative Self Talk! Remember, you are fat and lazy, and can’t do anything right! Plus, your intonation sucks, and you will probably die of cancer in a year, anyway.
3) Habit Three: Talk a big game, but then don’t actually do anything. Ideas are better than reality!
4) Habit Four: Discourage Those Around You. Why rise to the occasion when you can pull everyone else down?
5) Habit Five: Slack.
6) Habit Six: Develop selfishness! Others could care less, watch out for yourself!
7) Habit Seven. Whatever.
Read the complete post here.
- Nontraditional audition advice
- New possibilities available with blogging and podcasting
- Violist Charles Noble’s blog
- They locked me inside and made me conduct violas!
- Milwaukee Symphony principal violist Robert Levine post