It is gratifying to see my writing featured more and more in print journals. I have been featured in the last two issues of Double Bassist Magazine–a previous issue quoted my gig story about the San Jose Symphony audition, and the current issue features an interview with me regarding podcasting–as well as the most recent issue of Adjunct Advocate Magazine. I have many submission irons in the fire, and I’ll let you all know what else is coming out as I get details.
I have several new writing projects that I am hard at work on, and you can expect to see a new series covering issues in the world of music early this summer, just after I wrap up the last few posts in the Road Warrior Without an Expense Account series.
- Part I – Adjunct University Teaching
- Part II – Realities of Professional Freelancing
- Part III – The Rise and Fall of the Full-Time Orchestra
- Part IV – Rising Tide, Shrinking Pool
- Part V – Regional Orchestras
- Part VI – The Vicious Cycle
- Part VII – Private Teaching
- Part VIII – Burnout
- Part IX – Rethinking Music Performance Degrees