I have recently added Spot’s Doghouse to my list of music blogs, finding this great blog earlier this month through Matt Heller’s hellafrisch blog. This blog is written by a horn player currently playing in the Orquestra de la Comunitat Valenciana. He was also in the New World Symphony and went to Northwestern (my alma mater) for a bit. Great writing–a real insider’s look at the professional orchestral world, much like Michael Hovnanian’s CSO Bass Blog.
- CSO Bass Blog featured in On An Overgrown Path
- Bernard Haitink and the Chicago Symphony
- Matt Heller’s Calgary Philharmonic story
- Time Off – CSO Bass Blog
- ‘Trout’ Fingerings – CSO Bass Blog
- Matt Heller featured in New York Times article