I really appreciate all of the feedback people have sent in (both in comment and e-mail form) on my latest installment in my Road Warrior Without an Expense Account series. Although the subject matter can be somewhat depressing, I think that it is important material for musicians to reflect upon (whether or not they have full-time orchestral positions), and I definitely appreciate the response.
- Part I – Adjunct University Teaching
- Part II – Realities of Professional Freelancing
- Part III – The Rise and Fall of the Full-Time Orchestra
- Part IV – Rising Tide, Shrinking Pool
- Part V – Regional Orchestras
- Part VI – The Vicious Cycle
- Part VII – Private Teaching
- Part VIII – Burnout
- Part IX – Rethinking Music Performance Degrees
- Part X – Refocusing (Musical Entrepreneurship)
Bass News Right To Your Inbox!
Subscribe to get our weekly newsletter covering the double bass world.