This week featured the second part of This Crazy Business, my new series about life as a working musician. Unlike Road Warrior Without an Expense Account (which is about being a freelance musician), this series is about life as a musician in general.
If you’d like to read the 50 or so more substantial articles and stories that are featured on this blog, just click the Articles link just below the Contrabass Conversations banner.
I also wrote a post for the great photo blog Dark Roasted Blend (one of the 100 most popular blogs on the Internet). This post has drawn a lot of attention to the bass blog here, and it was also mentioned on Neatorama, another extremely popular blog.
Here is a summary of this week’s posting:
- CBC 31: Rabbath, Andrew Anderson, and Matthew Weiner
- Rabbath interview conclusion this week on the podcast
- Jason takes position as staff writer for Bass Musician Magazine
- Universal Music demands that mother take down baby video
- Innovative Arts Funding in Chicago Jazz Scene
- Reuben Rogers – photo
- Insightful comments on Jazz Bass Player post
- Arizona Bass Players Festival
- Avalanche of comments for Guy Tuneh podcast
- Djordje Stijepovic plays Atomic Boogie
- Bloomberg requires all New York City schools to maintain arts programs
- Playing gut strings on Old Crow Medicine Show – photo
- My post on Dark Roasted Blend!
- This Crazy Business Part 2 – Full-Time Loyalty at Part-Time Rates
- Short and informal concerts – good move for musicians?
- Bass orchestra plays Eleanor Rigby
- New York Philharmonic cellist quits to become paramedic
- Bill Harrison joins the Bass Blog writing staff
- Bass shot of the day – Jazz and Wine
- Why I’m a jazz bass player
- Navigating music careers – advice from Paul Ellison
- New poll – what is your educational background?
- Musical Charlatans
- Titanium Jr. by Donovan Stokes
- New Search Function for Bass Blog
- Guy Tuneh and Miloslav Gajdos – photo