This week we featured double bassist Daniel Nix on the Contrabass Conversations podcast performing “Beau Soir” by Debussy. Daniel is a very lyrical player who can really create a beautiful melody on the bass, and I enjoyed including his music on the episode.
Daniel also sent me a link to this performance of him playing with Gary Karr and Harmon Lewis. The first video is the first movement of Bottesini’s Passione Amorosa, and the second video finishes up the piece with the second and third movements.
Bottesini Passione Amorosa mvt 1
Bottesini Passione Amorosa mvt 2 & 3
- Gary Karr performs Pitzi-Cats
- Gary Karr performs Van Goens Scherzo
- Gary Karr performs Paganini Moses Fantasy
- Gary Karr performs Rachmaninoff Vocalise
- Gary Karr and Mischa Meyer perform Rossini Duetto