This week marked the launch of Bass Musician Magazine, a new publication available at www.bass-musician-magazine.com, and one in which Contrabass Conversations will be a regular feature. Check it out!
We released the next part of the Basses, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles featuring tales of woe regarding plane travel. This is the first in an extended series on double bass plane travel on the blog, so stay tuned for more of this content.
This week we featured music educator Peter Tambroni on Contrabass Conversations. This episode was a lot of fun to put together, and is should prove to be a valuable resource for bassists everywhere. Check out the episode here.
Keeping with the travel theme for the week, we also put out a double bass flight experiences survey this week. If you haven’t taken the survey yet, please check it out and add your data to this project.
Here is a summary of this week’s posting:
- CBC 32: P. Tambroni interview
- Chocolate Rain
- Follow-Up to Basses, Trains, and Autos post
- New interactive features for the podcast
- New net blog worth
- Bass trunks photo
- Take a survey!
- Basses, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Part 3 – Planes
- Bass on a plane addendum
- Extremely cool feature for finding podcast resources
- Cats listening to various styles of music
- Charley the cat
- Bass Musician Magazine launches!
- Attilo Zanch bass photo
- Audition listings August 2007
- This New Bass (A Painful Journey) by Eric Hochberg
- Dinah D plays My Last Time
- Jazz Bassists/Composers
- Interview with Robert D’Imperio
- VMC track – Beethoven 9
- Bass shot of the day – Reuber Rogers
- Excerpt of Murray Soloman’s Sentimental Bossa – video
- Last week’s poll results, this week’s poll question
- The Guy Tuneh comments continue to pour in