I spent the past two weeks performing with the Grant Park Symphony. This has been a real treat for me, both musically and personally. The GPSO is a great ensemble, and we played a lot of excellent repertoire, including Beethoven 2, Mahler 5, and the Firebird Suite. Bass blog readers will actually be familiar with many of the bass players in this section. Most of them have contributed ideas, photos, videos, or interviews to the blog at some point. Check out a funny photo of this bass section trapped in an elevator here. (elevator photo and Millennium Park photo courtesy of John Floeter)
This week we released the second part of our interview with Guy Tuneh plus music from Brian Bromberg and Nam Chi Vu. Guy’s interview has been received with overwhelming enthusiasm from many listeners. We have received hundreds of comments from people expressing their positive reaction to Guy Tuneh, and this feedback is greatly appreciated! Check out the episode here (CBC #33).
We also featured our second Contrabass Conversations video episode,this time with the excellent bassist Ranaan Meyer. Ranaan performed the Czardas by Vittorio Monti on his episode, and it was a real thrill to get to feature him on video! We have another video episode from Ranaan coming up here shortly as well as the rest of our audio interview with him. For now, check out the video episode here and the audio episode here.
Click here to check out our first CBC video episode featuring none other than Guy Tuneh!
It is now possible to do a very fast and accurate keyword search of the podcast, then start playing from any occurrence of that keyword. Simply enter your search term into the EveryZing widget on the left, and you’ll get what your looking for as quickly as if you did a Google search.
Current number of bass blog posts: 1466
Here is a summary of this week’s posting:
- CBC 33: Guy Tuneh interview 2, Brian Bromberg, and Nam Chi Vu
- Musical life in the “zone”
- Some people freak when their content is scraped, others see opportunity
- EveryZing rocks…..in the wackiest way possible
- Guy Tuneh conclusion this week on Contrabass Conversations
- Bis die Flut kommt das Spardosen-Terzett
- Lance Rose rocking out on the upright bass
- This Crazy Business Part 3 – Music is Addictive
- New! – Search the podcast
- This has nothing to do with bass
- Jason on the Engaging Brand podcast
- Colin Corner on Contrabass Conversations
- Pops concerts from the orchestra perspective
- Time for Three performs Czardas
- Moutin Reunion Quartet photo
- Ranaan Meyer plays Czardas on CBC
- Eric Hochberg performs with the Lyle Mays Quartet
- That’s my cone!
- Contributor articles soon available through Articles link
- Improvisation skills – post from Bill Harrison
- Double bassist Art Davis dies at 73
- Last week’s poll results and this week’s poll question
Most popular Bass Blog posts
- Road Warrior Without an Expense Account
- My Car Caught Fire and Exploded!
- This Crazy Business
- Basses, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
- Advice for Aspiring Music Performance Majors
- Why I Teach
- Tainting the Academic Waters with Pay-Per-Student Teaching
- My Big Stupid Mouth
- Massive Musical Disaster in the Nutcracker Pit
- They locked me inside and made me conduct violas!
- Bugs Bunny is my mortal enemy
- Buying a bass series
- Double bass gig bag comparison
- Auditioning is a Rotten Pastime
- Orchestra audition list survey
- Rabbath versus Simandl
- Reaching the low notes
- Tackling the ‘Amati’ bass
- Thoughts on double bass strings
Thoughts on blogging and podcasting
- Dynamic Growth Possibilities of Blogging, Podcasting, Social Media, and User Generated Content
- What’s next for the bass blog?
- On including user-submitted content in your blog
- Interacting with your blog audience
- Ideas for developing and promoting blog content
- Stay away from Blogger custom domains
- A glimpse at the Bass Blog staff
- The power of del.icio.us