International Society of Bassists President and Ball State University Bass Professor Hans Sturm and I got together over the weekend and filmed a chat about the Rabbath left hand position technique. Hans does a great job explaining the concepts behind this technique, and I hope that folks out there will benefit from this video. It is also located in the Bass Blog Video Player in the sidebar, and you can check it out on YouTube here. You can always hear our three-part interview with Rabbath on his Contrabass Conversations page.
This is a multi-part video series, so expect to hear more from Hans soon! We’ll also be putting this video out on the Contrabass Conversations podcast feed this week.
- Andy Anderson Virtual Lessons (complete 10-part series)
- Rabbath Contrabass Conversations interviews and performances
- Rabbath Vivaldi performance – video
- Volkan Orhon performs Rabbath’s Poucha Dass
- A. Martin performs Ode D-Espagne by Rabbath