Here are a few short bits from some of my favorite music blogs. You can always visit my link blog to see all the stories (both music and non-music related) that I’ve been checking out:
- Blogs – the new wisdom of crowds? – On An Overgrown Path blogger Bob Shingleton (Pliable) is giving a talk today at Cambridge University on why music blogs are so successful and how to start up a successful blog.
- Some Basic Warm-Ups – Peabody double bass instructor and Philadelphia Orchestra member John Hood puts out his recommended double bass warm-up routine on the Peabody Bouble Bass Blog.
- Improvised Inspiration – PlayJazzNow.com founder Bill Harrison writes about his new bass stool and how even a simple thing like this can really affect one’s attitude toward the instrument.
- Blogging as psychotherapy – Double bassist Stan Haskins ponders reasons why one may choose to publish their thoughts online and offer up his own personal reasons.
- Copying Beethoven – Elaine Fine just checked out this movie about Beethoven, with some pretty mixed feelings about this flick.
- Note By Note – Pianist and blogger Joshua Nemith writes about the upcoming release of “Note by Note: The Making of Steinway L1037“, a new film about the year long (or more) process of hand-crafting a Steinway piano.
- Getting Private Students – A veteran music teacher shares her secrets for building up a private teaching studio.
Bass News Right To Your Inbox!
Subscribe to get our weekly newsletter covering the double bass world.