I’ve been playing this piece by Rabbath for many years, finding it extremely effective for many different kinds of concerts. There are a lot of different ways to interpret this piece, and I find this rendition fresh and fun:
You can also hear me play this piece in a demonstration/recital (after a bit of chatter about the double bass) below:
- Renaud Garcia-Fons – effortless double bass mastery
- L’Orchestre de Contrabasses performing Bass, Bass, Bass….
- Lawrence Wolfe plays Koussevitzky on carbon fiber bass
- Gary Karr plays La Sonnambula by Bottesini
- Boguslaw Furtok plays Bottesini
Bass News Right To Your Inbox!
Subscribe to get our weekly newsletter covering the double bass world.