I recently found this quite melodious version of the Dittersdorf Concerto in E Major performed by a German bassist (any more details folks have on the player and/or orchestra would be appreciated). Folks who’ve played this concerto realize that it is actually one of the better balanced concerti for the instrument–Dittersdorf really lightens up the orchestral texture behind the soloist, making it quite easy to be heard.
- Auditioning on Dittersdorf – Juilliard audition requirements from Orin O’Brien
- Miloslav Gajdos performs 100th Anniversary recital
- Francois Rabbath Vivaldi video
- Karl Fenner performs B.B. Wolf
- Jeff Bradetich on YouTube