Matthew Mullenweg created the content management system WordPress (which is what I use to blog). He is also a jazzer, and he has created a great compendium of jazz quotes–quite likely the only comprehensive online resource available for this topic. Check out the complete index on Matt’s site here. Here are some selected quotes from this great resource:
- “What is music to you? What would you be without music? Music is everything. Nature is music (cicadas in the tropical night). The sea is music, the wind is music. The rain drumming on the roof and the storm raging in the sky are music. Music is the oldest entity. The scope of music is immense and infinite. It is the ‘esperanto’ of the world.”
- “A goal is a dream with a finish line.”
- “If it sounds good and feels good, then it IS good!”
- “Music is my mistress and she plays second fiddle to no one.”
- “There is nothing to keeping a band together. You simply have to have a gimmick, and the gimmick I use is to pay them money!”
- “I never had much interest in the piano until I realized that every time I played, a girl would appear on the piano bench to my left and another to my right.”
Photo credit – http://www.flickr.com/photos/pingnews/
Bass News Right To Your Inbox!
Subscribe to get our weekly newsletter covering the double bass world.