We got sucker-punched by the worst snow storm of the season this year, causing most of the Elgin Symphony Orchestra to be one or two hours (!) late to our dress rehearsal. It took me 1 1/2 hours to go nine miles for one stretch, and three hours for the whole drive there. Aaargh!
I’ve been setting records for all-time worst commutes left and right here this season. We’ll see if this is the last one–the optimist in me hopes so, but the realist in me is dubious.
I’ve also blogged about these horrific commutes frequently this season. Here are a few to tide you over until I get a chance to write more about the sucker that just smacked us upside the head:
- Musical Mutiny Below Decks – Top 10 Wacky Things I’ve Seen in Orchestra Pit Playing
- Walking cats in the winter
- Deconstructing the Nutcracker
- On the road….again
- A week in the life part 1 – locked out in the cold
- Happy Holidays from an Hallelujah Wasteland
- Wintry Mess Hits Chicago