The nasty cold and never ending snowstorms seem to have finally ebbed for this season (knock on wood!). What a winter! I seem to have become fixated on the bad weather this season, and for good reason!
While in the bookstore a few days ago, I passed by this enticing volume and couldn’t resist buying it:
The snow was swirling around the streets despite the late date (we’re talking March here, for goodness’ sake… though I remember snow falling in May while growing up in South Dakota, so I’d better not jinx things by complaining), and I paged through the book, remembering my honeymoon last summer on the beautiful island of Kauai.
Though Illinois has its charms, let me ask you…which looks like the kind of place you’d rather be living?
This really has been a nasty winter–I’ve written about it several times on the blog previously this season:
- The calm after the musical storm
- Musical Mutiny Below Decks – Top 10 Wacky Things I’ve Seen in Orchestra Pit Playing
- Walking cats in the winter
- Deconstructing the Nutcracker
- On the road….again
- A week in the life part 1 – locked out in the cold
- Happy Holidays from an Hallelujah Wasteland
- Wintry Mess Hits Chicago
Here are a few classic blog posts about this time of year that I always enjoy revisiting:
- Humorous Mistakes (wacky Messiah screw-ups)
- Massive Musical Disaster in the Nutcracker Pit
- Freelancing + Snow = Pain
Bass News Right To Your Inbox!
Subscribe to get our weekly newsletter covering the double bass world.