(click the player above to hear a segment of Pete’s Contrabass Conversations interview)
In addition to being one of my good friends and an excellent teacher and bassist, Peter Tambroni (former Contrabass Conversations guest) is a prolific blogger. Here are some of his most recent posts from MostlyBass.com and The Evolving Educator, his two blogs:
- Pete’s Top Mac Apps – Pete is a big fan of the Mac (as am I), especially in terms of productivity software. He shares his top 11 apps for the Mac, many of which I use as well.
- Assignment sheet for private lessons – Looking to organize things for your students? Pete’s got a PDF you can use for keeping things organized for your students (and for you!).
- How much should you charge for lessons? – Pete’s got an interesting formula for this.
- Practice stagnation – A few quick tups for getting out of a practicing rut.
- Rubrics suck! – I’ve used rubrics frequently as a faculty member for juries at different institutions, as well as being graded by them as a student (especially during my teacher certificate program). Pete’s got some strong opinions about these particular tools.