(click the player above to hear a segment of Pete’s Contrabass Conversations interview)
In addition to being one of my good friends and an excellent teacher and bassist, Peter Tambroni (former Contrabass Conversations guest) is a prolific blogger. Here are some of his most recent posts from MostlyBass.com and The Evolving Educator, his two blogs:
- Pete’s Top Mac Apps – Pete is a big fan of the Mac (as am I), especially in terms of productivity software. He shares his top 11 apps for the Mac, many of which I use as well.
- Assignment sheet for private lessons – Looking to organize things for your students? Pete’s got a PDF you can use for keeping things organized for your students (and for you!).
- How much should you charge for lessons? – Pete’s got an interesting formula for this.
- Practice stagnation – A few quick tups for getting out of a practicing rut.
- Rubrics suck! – I’ve used rubrics frequently as a faculty member for juries at different institutions, as well as being graded by them as a student (especially during my teacher certificate program). Pete’s got some strong opinions about these particular tools.
Bass News Right To Your Inbox!
Subscribe to get our weekly newsletter covering the double bass world.