What does your $60 (or $75 if you’re reading this in late January) get you? Here’s a list:
- Check out clinics and performances from bassists like Peter Lloyd, Jeff Bradetich, Michael Hovnanian, Eric Hochber, Michael Cameron, Rob Kassinger, Brad Opland, Dan Armstrong, Andy Anderson, and many others (complete list here)
- Check out basses from dealers like the Guarneri House, A440, Martin Sheridan, and Mark Sonksen
- Workshops for young bassists from specialists like Alan Steiner, Steve Reinfranck, and Alison Gaines
- Audition and excerpt preparation from Chicago Symphony and Lyric Opera bassists like Rob Kassinger, Michael Hovnanian, and Andy Anderson
- Early music performances and clinics from Jerry Fuller and James Lambert
- IMEA and All-State audition preparation and tips from Alan Steiner
- Advanced technique classes from Jeff Bradetich
- Jazz bass instruction and clinics from Eric Hichberg, Brad Opland, and Steve Rodby
Plus, you’ll get the chance to chat with bassists of all levels, from novice to professional, and meet a wide variety of teachers and performers from metro Chicago. I’ll be there helping to run the event (not sure what I’ll do for a clinic yet… how to get into a top music college program?), so please come and say hi if you’re there!
This event is going to be awesome. You definitely want to be there.
Bass News Right To Your Inbox!
Subscribe to get our weekly newsletter covering the double bass world.