Golden Gate Bass Camp San Francisco is proud to announce the faculty for the 2014 summer session:
- Soloist and teacher DaXun Zhang
- University of Michigan professor Diana Gannett
- San Francisco Symphony principal bass Scott Pingel
- San Francisco Symphony assistant principal bass Stephen Tramontozzi
- ISB President 2011-12 John Kennedy
- Electric bassist Ariane Cap
- A large collective of Bay Area professional double bass and electric bassists, including Pat Klobas, Richard Duke, Sascha Jacobsen, Megan McDevitt and Dan Robbins
Study orchestral, solo and opera repertoire, jazz, Latin and tango Styles, improvisation, electronic music and studio recording skills.
All level players are welcome, and all ages of players as well. We will have courses in beginning techniques and improvisation, up to advanced/professional level specialization to hone your craft and artistry on the bass. Musicianship and music theory courses will be offered as well as audition preparation, including a mock audition adjudicated by faculty. Additional sessions include bass and body awareness topics led by instructors in Yoga and Alexander Technique.
All participants will play in bass orchestra and small ensembles, and have opportunities to play in mixed ensembles for these live playing workshops:
- Jazz Trio
- Latin Groove Ensemble
- Tango Trio
- Chamber Music String Quartet and Piano
- Blues/Rock/Groove Rhythm Section
- GGBC-SF’s new facility at the Drew School allows us to take advantage of the full recording studio on site and lead courses in a real studio environment. Gain experience setting microphones, finding the right sound, recording tracks, engineering and producing session, and creating a final recorded product.
Additional sessions include bass and body awareness topics led by instructors in Yoga and Alexander Technique
For more information please visit