I am incredibly excited to announce that the Contrabass Conversations app is now available! This app is free and contains a wealth of content for all bass players. My goal is for this app to be your #1 destination for all things pertaining to the double bass, and I hope that it earns a space on your device’s home screen. There is much more in the app than the podcast episodes, though those are all of course included.
Additionally, each episode from 2015 onward includes bonus content not available anywhere else except in the app. These bonus features include additional links, articles, videos, and photos for our featured guests, downloadable wallpaper for each episode, and additional app-exclusive audio for certain episodes. We also have helpful bass-related articles and PDF practicing materials from the past 10 years of the blog.
Each app also includes a free copy of my book Road Warrior Without an Expense Account! Check out the app, download it, and share it with fellow friends and bass players! It makes a great (and free!) holiday gift!
- iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android, Kindle, and Windows Mobile versions
- all episodes since the release of the show in 2007 are included
- bonus content for all episodes fro 2015 and beyond
- dozens of exclusive video lessons from bass teachers like Andrew Anderson (Lyric Opera, Roosevelt University) and Hans Sturm (former International Society of Bassists president, Rabbath technique specialist)
- PDF practicing materials and resources
- Search for a specific guest or topic
- Stream or download any of the audio and video content
- Car mode is engaged when turning your device sideways
- a free copy of Road Warrior Without an Expense Account, my book about making a living as a working musicians
- push notifications (iOS only) to notify you of new episodes
- helpful articles about practicing, auditions, gear, and more topics pertaining to double bassists
- exclusive audio content and extras available only in the app!
- exclusive wallpaper of Contrabass Conversations guests for your mobile device
- additional videos, recordings, links, and resources for each episode (available only in the app)
Here are some screenshots of the iPad version of the app utilizing different functions: