Today’s episode features composer, teacher, and bassist Andrés Martín. Andrés has written works recently that have become quite popular in the bass community these past few years, and I’ve been looking forward to talking with him ever since hearing his music. Andrés is also the composer of Anna’s Gift and is currently writing the music for Anna’s Promise, the project spearheaded by Barry Green (a former Contrabass Conversations guest) that we featured on episode 189 of the podcast.
- Bass Concerto No. 1 (excerpts from movements 2 and 3)
- Suite Para Contrabajo Y Guitarra Española (2009) III. Milongitana
- 43 by Andrés Martín and Donovan Stokes (excerpts from movement 2 and movement 3)
- Elegia Para Contrabajo Solo (2011)
- Andrés Martín solo CD Cera
Bass News Right To Your Inbox!
Subscribe to get our weekly newsletter covering the double bass world.