- State: Colorado
- State School (public)
- School Website
- Christian Howes’ Best College Programs for Creative String Players
Nicholas Recuber, bass faculty
- In-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $8,416
- Out-of-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $20,002
- Room & Board 2016-17: $10,360
- Total Enrollment: 11,936
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 89%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 18:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 27%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 69%
- Average Financial Aid: $6,937
Double Bass Program:
- Studio Class, Orchestral Repertoire Class, Bass Ensembles
Perspectives from the Double Bass Faculty:
My favorite part of UNCO is that bass students can study both classical, jazz, and starting this year (2017) bluegrass. We have 5 big bands, 2 orchestras, 2 wind ensembles, and many many smaller groups as well. This gives the student a huge range of experiences and challenges that will shape them into a successful professional bassist.
What Alumni Are Doing:
- A recent doctoral graduate just became the Bass Professor at Utah State University
- a recent undergrad student won a position with The Colorado Springs Philharmonic
About The Bass Faculty
Nicholas Recuber – Assistant Principal Bass Colorado Symphony. BA Jazz Studies Rowan University, MM The Juilliard School, GC University of Southern California, New World Symphony Fellow. Guest Bassist with Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, Atlanta Symphony, San Francisco Symphony.
Bass News Right To Your Inbox!
Subscribe to get our weekly newsletter covering the double bass world.