Aaron Johnson, bass faculty
- US News Ranking: #83 (tie) in National Liberal Arts Colleges
- US News Overall Score (out of 100): 58
- Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $25,522
- Room & Board 2016-17: $10,200
- Total Enrollment: 1,526
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 50%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 10:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 64%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 52%
- Average Financial Aid: $8,079
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students: 3
Perspectives from the Bass Faculty
Q: What are some of your favorite experiences teaching at your school?
A: The music program is primarily composed of non-majors. As a result, most of the students participating in music are doing so because they love playing their instruments and want to continue playing through college. The atmosphere is fantastic and whether it is in rehearsal or in lessons there is a genuine interest and excitement in music making.
About The Bass Faculty
Aaron Johnson received his master’s degree in double bass performance from the University of Michigan in 2010. He performs with many of the regional symphonies in south eastern Michigan and has been the adjunct professor of double bass at Hillsdale College since 2012.
He also is the Director of Instrument and Bow Operations at Shar Products Company, where he has worked since 2010.
Learn More About Bass Colleges
We've got a wealth of resources to guide you.