Travis Schilling, bass faculty
- US News Ranking: #7 (tie) in National Liberal Arts Colleges
- US News Overall Score (out of 100): 90
- Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $50,874
- Room & Board 2016-17: $13,197
- Total Enrollment: 2,014
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 21%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 9:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 91%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 56%
- Average Financial Aid: $35,482
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students: 2-3
What Alumni Are Doing
- Most of Carleton’s bass students are non-music majors, and continue to play in some capacity after they leave Carleton.
Perspectives from the Bass Faculty
Q: What are some of your favorite experiences teaching at your school?
A: The level of intellectual curiosity about just about everything is a wonderful challenge at Carleton.
Carleton offers lessons for bassists at all levels, from beginners to very advanced. Students create many of their own opportunities for chamber music and small ensembles (jazz combos); many also play in orchestra or in one of the jazz bands.
About The Bass Faculty
Currently section bassist with Minnesota Opera Orchestra, Minneapolis Pops Orchestra. B.A. Music, Whitworth College (Spokane, WA); M.M. Double Bass Performance and Literature, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Learn More About Bass Colleges
We've got a wealth of resources to guide you.