Rolf Erdahl, bass faculty
- US News Ranking: #77 (tie) in National Liberal Arts Colleges
- US News Overall Score (out of 100): 59
- Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $42,840
- Room & Board 2016-17: $9,400
- Total Enrollment: 2,396
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 67%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 82%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 70%
- Average Financial Aid: $29,876
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students: 9
- Average number of graduate bass students: 0
- Studio Class, Orchestral Repertoire Class, Bass Ensembles, Guest Bassist Masterclasses
What Alumni Are Doing
- Graduate studies in bass
- Jazz band leader
- Graduate studies in composition.
Perspectives from the Bass Faculty
Q: What are some of your favorite experiences teaching at your school?
A: Road trips to bass events. Edgar Meyer recital. Student recitals. “Strangers in the Night” for one bass, eight hands.
We have a mix of majors and non-majors, with generous Bjørling and other scholarships available for music studies, regardless of major. Frequent guest masterclasses (most recent: Barry Green, Chris Brown). Strong Jazz and Orchestral programs.
About The Bass Faculty
Bassist in OboeBass!, the world’s only professional oboe/bass duo (www.oboebass.com). Grieg scholar. MN Orch and SPCO sub. Former Principal Bass in Winnipeg SO, Manitoba Chamber Orchestra, and Wichita Symphony. Assistant Principal Honolulu. Section bassist in Bergen, Norway, Ft. Wayne Philharmonic, New World Symphony.
Learn More About Bass Colleges
We've got a wealth of resources to guide you.