Gaelen McCormick, bass faculty
- US News Ranking: #38 (tie) in Regional Universities North
- US News Overall Score (out of 100): 64
- Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $32,424
- Room & Board 2016-17: $13,150
- Total Enrollment: 2,871
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 76%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 9:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 64%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 82%
- Average Financial Aid: $16,424
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students: 4
- Average number of graduate bass students: 2
- Studio Class, Bass Ensembles
What Alumni Are Doing
- Music Business grad is working in marketing with a web company that utilizes his music skills
- Music Ed alum is teaching in area high school
- current Music Therapy students are doing great internships in hospitals this summer
Perspectives from the Bass Faculty
Q: What are some of your favorite experiences teaching at your school?
A: Using our studio class time to develop the way we think about playing and teaching bass (since everyone teaches at some point and the idea is to teach yourself ultimately). I love watching the collegiality grow among the studio members as they inspire one another and look out for one another.
We have a locked room with a locking bass storage rack for our bass majors. There are lots of gig opportunities in the community and on campus. Many kinds of ensembles to play in, including chamber orchestra, jazz band, rock ensemble, and symphony orchestra.
About The Bass Faculty
Assistant Principal Bass of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra; Bachelor from Eastman School; Masters from Carnegie Mellon; launched the Rochester Bass Retreat at Nazareth College in 2014; published the series “Mastering the Bow” with Carl Fischer; many masterclasses and recitals at colleges; member of the Board of Directors of the ISB.