Sheldon Tripi, bass faculty
- US News Ranking: #101 (tie) in Regional Universities North
- US News Overall Score (out of 100): 49
- Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $29,540
- Room & Board 2016-17: $10,212
- Total Enrollment: 1,712
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 66%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 51%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 85%
- Average Financial Aid: $16,922
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students: 1-2
- Studio Class, Orchestral Repertoire Class, Bass Ensembles, Jazz Combo
What Alumni Are Doing
- Started Graduate programs for performance
Perspectives from the Bass Faculty
Q: What are some of your favorite experiences teaching at your school?
A: Giving real world performance experience to students
About The Bass Faculty
A resident of Rochester, NY, Sheldon’s education includes Berklee College of Music and a BA in Music Education from Nazareth College. As an active performer on upright bass, electric bass and cello, he teaches privately and plays with numerous local schools and artists including RnB Classics Live, Jive Street Five, The Brad Batz Group, Roger Eckers Big Band, Nostalgic Reunion, The Mark Cassara Band and many more. He has also shared the stage with such greats as Martha Reeves and the Vendellas, Wycliffe Gordon, Randy Brecker, Mic Gillette and Tom Politzer of Tower of Power, Eddie Daniels, Jon Faddis, Dave Mancini, Carl Atkins, Gap Mangione, Chet Catallo, Al Chez and Pat Petrillo. He has recorded commercial jingles and numerous cd’s with various artists including a recent cd with Al Chez and the Brothers of Funk.
Learn More About Bass Colleges
We've got a wealth of resources to guide you.