- State: North Carolina
- State School (public)
- School Website
Carroll V. Dashiell, Jr., bass faculty
- US News Ranking: #210 (tie) in National Universities
- US News Overall Score (out of 100): 26
- In-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $6,946
- Out-of-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $22,904
- Room & Board 2016-17: $9,426
- Total Enrollment: 28,289
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 69%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 18:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 35%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 59%
- Average Financial Aid: $7,807
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students: 5-8
- Average number of graduate bass students: 1-2
- Studio Class, Orchestral Repertoire Class, Bass Ensembles
What Alumni Are Doing
- Former students live in Raleigh, where they are freelancing and playing occasionally with the North Carolina Symphony.
- A few students are teaching music in schools.
- Some students are pursuing a higher degrees , like master and doctoral degrees, at different schools, like DePaul and Cincinnati Conservatory.
- Some former students are performing in a jazz and folk groups around the country.
About The Bass Faculty
M.M., B.M., Howard University. Associate Professor of Music, Director of Jazz Ensembles, and String/Electric Bass Professor. Native of Washington, D.C. Citations in Who’s Who in Music and Down Beat Magazine. Recognized for excellence in the music industry as a bassist, musical director, and also as a composer/arranger. Performances history include concerts with the Boston Pops, National Symphony, and the Washington Philharmonic Orchestras; performance dates with Dr. Billy Taylor, Ethel Ennis, and the Fifth Dimension; concert/show tours with Maurice Hines, Stephanie Mills, Maceo Parker, Ray Charles, Vanessa Rubin, and Jennifer Holiday. Appears on several CD/album recordings as bassist with Capitol (Blue Note) Records recording artist Bobby Watson and Horizon, Muse Records artist Roger “Buck” Hill. Appears as producer/performer on over thirty-five national and international recordings. 1994-95 recipient of the Robert and Lina Mays and Robert L. Jones Distinguished Alumni Teaching Excellence Award. A D’Addario Jazz Performing Artist. A SWR Sound Corporation Artist.
Learn More About Bass Colleges
We've got a wealth of resources to guide you.