Sue Yelanjian, bass faculty
- In-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $10,509
- Out-of-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $19,040
- Room & Board 2016-17: $11,322
- Total Enrollment: 23,046
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 97%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 19:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 13%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 70%
- Average Financial Aid: $5,102
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students: 2-3
- Average number of graduate bass students: 1
- Studio Class
What Alumni Are Doing
- One is starting a program at the University of Toronto in Historical Bass; one is a teacher at a high school.
Perspectives from the Bass Faculty
Q: What are some of your favorite experiences teaching at your school?
A: Seeing my students reach their goals. Being a general life guide to young adults.
The University of Akron would be a good place for a focused student to come and practice and hone their skills.
About The Bass Faculty
Sue Yelanjian attended Oberlin Conservatory and received degrees from the Cleveland Institute of Music and Boston University. She is the principal Bassist of Apollo’s Fire and The Cleveland Baroque Orchestra. She also performs and tours with Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra. She is a member of the Akron Symphony, the Cleveland Pops, Akron Baroque, and the Blossom Festival Orchestra. She has performed at the Aspen Music Festival, the Chatauqua Music Festival as well as the Klang und Raum Festival in Germany and the Rieti Festival in Italy.