John Schimek, bass faculty
- US News Ranking: #23 (tie) in Regional Universities West
- US News Overall Score (out of 100): 55
- Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $30,726
- Room & Board 2016-17: $9,814
- Total Enrollment: 2,987
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 70%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 49%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 63%
- Average Financial Aid: $16,612
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students: 6
- Average number of graduate bass students: 1
- Studio Class, Bass Ensembles
What Alumni Are Doing
- Member of National Philharmonic Orchestra of Poland
- Dallas freelance musician
- Doctoral studies
- country western band
Perspectives from the Bass Faculty
Q: What are some of your favorite experiences teaching at your school?
A: Taking the Bass Ensemble on the annual tours to perform in schools, helping lead students to “A Ha!” moments, seeing students grow as musicians and as people, helping students work together as a supportive team, summer Bass Camp!
The studio is capped at 10 students. This number allows for all bass students to have plenty of playing opportunities as well as teaching opportunities. We teach all styles of music and allow the students to determine their career paths. Students majoring in performance, education, composition, and business receive the same recognition and training emphasis.
About The Bass Faculty
John Schimek is Professor of Double Bass and String Education (tenured). President-elect of the International Society of Bassists-begin 2019. Former student of Paul Ellison, Stephen Lester, Edward Rainbow. Performed/clinics in 41 states, China, South America, Europe.