- State: Tennessee
- State School (public)
- School Website
Tim Pearson, bass faculty
- In-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $8,080
- Out-of-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $24,808
- Room & Board 2016-17: $8,106
- Total Enrollment: 22,511
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 73%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 18:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 19%
- % of undergrads receiving Financial aid: 74%
- Average Financial Aid: $5,639
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students: 6
- Average number of graduate bass students: 1
- Studio Class, Bass Ensembles
What Alumni Are Doing
- From Tim Pearson: Our school has a strong Education program so we have many students going on to work as teachers.
Perspectives from the Bass Faculty
Q: What are some of your favorite experiences teaching at your school?
A: Seeing my students grow as people and musicians and also learning from them!
About The Bass Faculty
Tennessee native Tim Pearson has served as assistant principal bass for the Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, Evansville Philharmonic and Owensboro Symphony Orchestra. Currently, he is a member of the Gateway Chamber Orchestra, the new music ensemble Intersection and is an active freelancer in the Nashville area.
As a chamber and orchestral musician, Pearson has performed with the Nashville Symphony, Kansas City Symphony, Nashville Opera, Nashville Chamber Orchestra, Sarasota Opera, Memphis Symphony Orchestra, Arkansas Symphony Orchestra, the Garth Newel Chamber music festival and the Stones River Chamber Players.
Pearson has participated in the Pacific, Spoleto USA, National Repertory Orchestra, National Orchestral Institute, Aspen, and Domaine Forget music festivals. He holds degrees from the University of Memphis and Indiana University and has done additional studies with Bruce Bransby and Paul Ellison.
Learn More About Bass Colleges
We've got a wealth of resources to guide you.