- State: Utah
- State School (public)
- School Website
Robert Matheson, bass faculty
- In-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $4,840
- Out-of-State Tuition & Fees 2016-17: $13,855
- Room & Board 2016-17: $5,615
- Total Enrollment: 8,503
- Acceptance Rate (from 2015): 100%
- Student – Faculty Ratio: 19:1
- 4 year graduation rate: 10%
Double Bass Statistics
- Average number of undergraduate bass students:
- Average number of graduate bass students:
- Studio Class
About The Bass Faculty
Robert Matheson performs solo works for double bass and computer. Seeking a more fluid interaction between acoustic and electro-acoustic music, he designed and built the MIDI bass. His setup allows him to perform live electro-acoustic music while maintaining the integrity of the natural, acoustic sound of the bass.
Robert holds a Doctorate of Musical Arts degree in bass performance from the University of Arizona where he studied with Patrick Neher. He has performed with ensembles representing a wide range of musical genres, including the Ironwood Duo, Portable Masterpieces, and the Tucson Chamber Orchestra.
Robert lives in Saint George, Utah with his wife and three children. He teaches at Dixie State University and performs in the orchestra at Tuacahn Center for the Arts.
Learn More About Bass Colleges
We've got a wealth of resources to guide you.