The following is a short excerpt from the E-Bass Line Newsletter from the International Society of Bassists. Receiving this newsletter each month is one of the many benefits for ISB members, including special rates on instrument insurance, the excellent journal Bass World, the paper edition of the Bass Line, and much more! Check out the International Society of Bassists website for more information on joining if you’re not a member–I’ve been a member since I was a teenager, and I highly recommend it for bassist of all ages.
Also, doublebassblog.org will be doing live coverage of this summer’s ISB convention at Penn State (June 8-13, 2009). That’s only 10 months away, and it will be a real blast, so be sure to join up with the ISB and check out this fabulous event
The ISB Online Store (www.ISBstore.com) continues to add more sheet music, recordings, t-shirts, and DVDs. Check out some of the following sheet music titles and help to support both the ISB and these great composers:
- “Islands” Concerto by Peter Askim
- “Divertimento Concertante on a Theme of Couperin” by Paul Ramsier
- “Edge” by Peter Askim
- Concert Pieces for the Double Bass
They are also offering a growing library of audio recordings. Many of these artists have been guests on Contrabass Conversations!
- Bad Boyz of Double Bass Live (CBC guest! – check their interview out here)
- Lynn Seaton Live at the 2003 ISB Convention (CBC guest! – check their interview out here)
- Peter Askim: Moving, Still (CBC guest! – check their interview out here)
- Jeremy Kurtz: Sonatas & Meditations (CBC guest! – check their interview out here)
- Robert Meyer: Discovering the Double Bass (CBC guest! – check their interview out here)
More information available to ISB members–sign up online today!